Friday, November 20, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like... Well... nothing, actually.

Reason I do not like Florida #25662: Thanksgiving and Christmas DO NOT FEEL like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I got up early today (this growing up thing is weird... I used to sleep until the very last second I had before I had to get up) and turned on The Today Show.

They had the Rockettes flapping their legs around, and I said to myself, "Oh yes, it's nearly the Holiday Season."

Honestly, I forget all the time that Thanksgiving is less than a week away. It's easy to do that when the weather is over 80 degrees during the day, there are no leaves that turn on the trees, and the sun shines constantly (well, you know, during the day).

Perhaps it's just because I am a transplant, or maybe it's the fact that I have seen about a million Christmas movies that show the perfect holiday setting, but Florida holidays just don't do it for me.

I guess that's why I'm planning on spending both Thanksgiving and Christmas out of town this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment