Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bridesmaid Squared.

I was so excited nearly a year ago when my best friend in Illinois, Lisa, asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding.

Technically it will be my second time being a bridesmaid, but I don't count the first time. I was invited to a wedding in Las Vegas a few years ago to be a date for a friend of mine from high school who lived in California. He was friends with the bride.

Me, my friend from high school, a friend who lived in Florida with me at the time and the bride's brother were the only guests at the wedding. I helped the bride get ready, and stood by her while she was saying her vows, but it was also the first time I had ever met her. So it doesn't really count, right?

Lisa lives in St. Louis, and I can't really be a part of the bridal festivities until the week of the wedding. No bachelorette party or bridal showers for me to plan and go to.

Since I've been looking at stuff to plan my wedding for over a year now, my friend Kerry (you remember her from one of the first posts of my blog), asked me if I could help her with planning earlier this week.

We sat at a diner for less than two hours and basically planned her entire wedding. This was necessary because she is getting married in 24 days... and she hadn't picked colors, a theme, and she hasn't even picked a dress.

After we got done going over details, Kerry asked me if I would like to be her bridesmaid! Even though we haven't known each other for very long, maybe a little over two months, I was delighted.

Now I've got ideas about bachelorette parties, lingerie showers and vintage bridesmaids dresses running through my head. I finally get the experience of being a bridesmaid for somebody who I know, and who lives in my zip code.

The only thing... Lisa and Kerry's weddings are a week apart. Lisa's is on November 28th in St. Louis and Kerry's is December 5th in Tampa. Should make for an interesting couple of weeks. I'm thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment