Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wanderlust 101

Dictionary.com defines 'wanderlust' as "a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about." Aside from the literal meaning, I feel as though my brain has a serious case of wanderlust.

I used to write just for the joy of it. Since I have started taking my journalism courses, I feel as though I'm always writing for somebody else. While I am enjoying learning about the craft that I have chosen, I miss writing for fun. I miss writing because I knew what I said would spike somebody's interest or make them laugh. I want to write for fun, and bring the passion back.

So, I plan on using this blog to rant and complain, to share things that I have learned, to introduce others to something new, to share things that have made me laugh. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment