Friday, October 23, 2009

Howl-O-Scream

People who say that Halloween is a holiday for children don't know what they're missing! There is no reason that once you reach the age where trick-or-treating is no longer acceptable (13 according to my mother) that you can't have fun.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays of the year. Towards the end of September every year, I start to plan... my costume, Halloween party, and pre-holiday events. For the past three years, going to Howl-O-Scream has become one of our traditions. Held at Busch Gardens, in Tampa, it has something for everybody. There are haunted houses, wild roller coasters in the dark, "scare zones" and beer (if you're willing to pay nearly $8 for a plastic cup, and almost $13 for a "yard of beer").

This year we went with nearly all strangers. Out of the 8 people in our group, I had only known two for more than a month. Regardless, we had an excellent time, and a couple of new friends. I laughed my way through the haunted houses and screamed on roller coasters. I can't imagine missing something so fun just because I've decided that I'm a "grown up."


New and old friends at Howl-O-Scream

No comments:

Post a Comment