Sunday, October 25, 2009

It must be "get angry at your co-workers day"...

I think I need to take a chill pill today, because I'm all riled up again.

One of my co-workers just got back from taking a customer home, because his car will not be finished by the time we close today. As my co-worker walked in the door, he says to me,

"That guy was just as gay as can be."

I shrugged.

"I just can't stand that. I can't stand those people."

He shivered in disgust, as if he was trying to make sure none of the gayness got on him. Since I don't want to get fired, I let it go with a "Well, it doesn't bother me any. Not our place to judge, right?"

I got a dirty look, and then he left. I guess he expected me to laugh, and then we'd make jokes at the customer's expense.

The other day, a different co-worker was telling me that he didn't understand why his 3-year-old daughter liked the show Little Bill, because it was the one with the "little black boy." He thought it was weird that she enjoyed it, even though the characters were black.

This is 2009, right? Are people seriously still that ignorant?

No comments:

Post a Comment