Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Traditions.

I have tons of Christmas traditions... decorating the house after Thanksgiving dinner, exchanging Christmas jammies and watching It's A Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve, having Mom's home-made cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas morning... the list goes on and on.

One of my favorite traditions is also one of the newest. Every Christmas since Marc and I have been dating, he has got me a Christmas-themed book to read during the holiday season. The first book he got me was The Christmas Train by David Baldacci. He gave it to me right before I got on the plane to go to California to visit with my family for the holidays.

Our second Christmas together, Marc gave me Skipping Christmas, which was made into the movie "Christmas with the Kranks." Last year, I got The Paper Bag Christmas, which is a lovely book.

Last night, Marc gave me my book for this year. It is a collection of Charles Dickens stories, including A Christmas Carol, The Chimes and The Cricket on the Hearth. I am excited to read it, as I have never read the original version of A Christmas Carol!

What are your favorite Christmas traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment